Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31,533 Posts
Congrats! That's a fine looking 686. Will be a lot of fun to shoot. Hopefully you will be sharing a range report with us soon.:cool:

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
I like your S&W but I think the ports are not needed. Don't shoot it close to your body when you practice.
Plus 1. Ported low to medium caliber firearms, the porting only adds expense and does basically nothing but cause side blow of burning gasses, IOW, basically useless.

Only 'ported' as in braked handgun I own is my 460 XVR and all that does is reduce muzzle climb. All my large caliber long guns (over 30 caliber) are braked to reduce recoil and irritate anyone standing to the side when I discharge them

·
Registered
15,671 Posts
Beautiful 686. The barrel profile looks different than normal from what I can see. I wonder if someone cut a longer barrel down and then had it ported

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like your S&W but I think the ports are not needed. Don't shoot it close to your body when you practice.
they may not be needed but i like them and the gun in general. Also only someone that lacks common sense would shoot the gun close to there body to induce injury with the ports. They also probably shouldnt own any firearms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts