Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A while back I purchased a used 686-4, 6”, square butt, with matching serial # factory box, paperwork, cleaning kit & all. It did have a nice pair of Goncalo Alves grips.

Since then I was doing some checking & read that the 686-4’s came from the factory with Houge grips, not the wood ones. So, I was wondering if any you history members could confirm that.

I’ve found a few pictures of 686-4’s with Hogue grips with the S&W monogram & a few 686-4’s, but they’re all for the round butt conversations to a square butt. We’re there any true square butt models with the S&W monogram, or did the factory simply use a standard pair of Hogue monogrammed square butt grip?

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
686 s made between 1984 and 1990 had Hogue Rubber grips in both round and square butt However in 1984 and 1985 Lew Horton made a few that did have Goncalo Alves grips . It is possible that some one put on a set to try to make the gun look like a Lew Horton gun?? the Hogue Grips are plentyful and can be found and most people see the wood one s ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts