Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W 686-3 which is in the Black finish. I have read several places that have said there were less than 1,600 made but nothing of the value. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Condition is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
19,363 Posts
Condition is everything.
Mint condition, with the original labeled box, and everything else that came in the box, unfired would bring around $1100 or so around here.
If it's been fired outside of the factory test rounds the value will drop according to the current conditions. I saw one on gunbroker sell for around $800 because it was shot. Once it's been shot, it's just another 686 as far as I'm concerned, and others seem to reflect the same values on them.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Greg, A 686 4" shooter for $800.....is a little too much for me. Guess I'll have the stay with my M-67 4"....or carry my M-66-1 2 1/2" with med. vel. .357 158 Gr. ammo. Don't shoot much .357 ammo......usually 125 Gr. .38 Spl. +P JSP or HP, or 158 Gr. LSWC reloads for most of my shootin'. Bob

·
Registered
418 Posts
I bought the more common 6" this summer for $850. I was happy to do it; the gun is in shooter grade. I think it is pretty cool to own an attempt by Smith and Wesson that didn't work so well as the finish isn't all that tough. 20191021_142214.jpg Do I think I over paid or is it going to go up in value? I dont care it's for my kids to worry about. I do agree around $800 to $900 is a fair price maybe less. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ps post some pictures, as we all love looking and easier fo people to put a value on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple of pics. I have no idea if it was shot I'm not the original owner and I have yet to shoot it. However, it is very clean, I also don't believe in collecting a firearms that haven't been shot. It's like having Corvette that hasn't been driven. Nobody dreams of having one they can sit and stare at, they want to drive it...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Welcome to the Smith & Wesson forums from Arizona. I like your 686.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts