Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I got the 66-8 back from the gunsmith a week ago and am very happy with the results. My instructions were to true any mechanical or timing issues and smooth the DA trigger not lighten it with different springs. He doesn't believe in light springs so we were on the same page with that. When he called to tell me my gun was done , he said the mechanicals and timing were spot on as received and polishing of contact surfaces was all that needed done. He even polished the trigger lever and its socket in the rebound slide. The results are excellent. The DA trigger is glass smooth and feels very good. It even feels lighter.
Once in a great while , we come across a gun that is exactly what you want. The 66-8 with the trigger work and the other few changes I've made is , in my mind , the perfect fighting revolver for me.

·
Registered
22,148 Posts
Sounds like your happy with the work done on your 66. Glad everything is functioning well. Range report soon?:)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
View attachment 465460
I got the 66-8 back from the gunsmith a week ago and am very happy with the results. My instructions were to true any mechanical or timing issues and smooth the DA trigger not lighten it with different springs. He doesn't believe in light springs so we were on the same page with that. When he called to tell me my gun was done , he said the mechanicals and timing were spot on as received and polishing of contact surfaces was all that needed done. He even polished the trigger lever and its socket in the rebound slide. The results are excellent. The DA trigger is glass smooth and feels very good. It even feels lighter.
Once in a great while , we come across a gun that is exactly what you want. The 66-8 with the trigger work and the other few changes I've made is , in my mind , the perfect fighting revolver for me.
Hey R,

Like it!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
19,781 Posts
My M-66-1 is still completely stock from S&W in 1981. I haven't shot it much, only a couple boxes of Med. Vel. .357. I was planning to shoot a bunch of .38 Spl. reloads, with LSWC bullets this year, but the range has been closed afew weeks ago.

I have wondered about having some trigger work done at S&W, which is 30 minutes away from my house. Don't remember the cost.........maybe $150. I don't shoot it much, since I have 3 other .38 Spl. revolvers, and I bought a like new Ruger LC9s last August.

Since the Ruger 9mm. is a new carry gun, I should get a lot more practice in, to familiarize me with it's operation. Not used to using a Semi-Auto, so that's more important to me. I'll need to get more Winchester 115 gr. practice ammo......I've only got 1 box left. I'll go to WALMART in New Hampshire to get some. Walmart doesn't have any left, locally in Mass., and the gun shops are closed!!!! :mad: Bob

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Looking at that cylinder release... you Right Handers have all the fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts