Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm deployed to Iraq with the US Army, but right now I'm home on R&R leave. I made the rounds of my local gun shops in my home town of Spokane, WA today and found a 66-6 3" Carry Comp. I've always wanted one of these and had some money saved so I thought I'd see if I could make a deal. Asking price is $775 on consignment and the dealer thought the owner might go down to $700. Gun includes the PC case, a Biachi nylon holster, 1 set of wood grips and 3 sets of rubber grips, 2 50 rd boxes of WWB 357 mag and 1 50 rd box of Rem 125 gr 357 mag HP'S, and the owners manual. The cardboard sleeve or cover is gone as are the hang tags and warrenty card. Overall, the gun was tight with a real nice action. There were some light scratches and such so the gun has been carried and fired, so its not NIB. I'll have to pay tax on the purchase so out the door price would be $763. So Is that a reasonable price?

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
It sounds like a good price.....nowadays. They don't make 'em anymore, and you have to consider the extras. I haven't bought guns for high prices......ever! :roll:
I look for nice older guns at bargain prices. I have never bought a gun for over $325, no extras......and that was quite a few years ago. ;) Bob

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Bob K is right, they don't make em anymore, so that usually bumps the price up. I might suggest that you Google up gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com to get an idea what they retail for. I haven't bought any K-frame magnums for quite a while, so price wise I can't advise.

I did go into gunsamerica and did a quick sampling of model 66 magnum prices, these were garden variety guns with 2 and a half and 4 inch barrels. 10 samples averaged out at close to $600. I think the Carry Comp 66, would be worth more, if that helps.

I think the Carry Comp would be a nice carry piece - and, Thank You, for your service.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think it might be a little high, but it has a few extras so what the heck, if you like it go for it, you only live once.... ijfpfnfna

1 - 4 of 4 Posts