Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've gone and done it. I finally have them all. Picked up this iconic hunk of steel today. I will bust 'em all out this weekend for some family photos, but a teaser for now...

But some checkered Hogue rosewoods for it, anticipating I wouldn't like these factory grips. Buuuut I kinda like 'em.

Registered
That sure does look beautiful with the factory grips. Not too shabby with the Hogues either. That certainly is a hunk of steel isn't it.
I can't wait to see the pics of all of them together. They're such unique pistols.

Registered
Fantastic little group you have there. All fine examples, with the latest edition as the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing the pics. Range report to hopefully follow soon.:cool:

Reactions: F-Grade Art

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Fantastic little group you have there. All fine examples, with the latest edition as the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing the pics. Range report to hopefully follow soon.:cool:
Thank ye kindly! Well, my range report is that I definitely need to do something about this infamous ambi-safety/decocker screw on the 645. I've heard stories that it loosens and even locktite has trouble securing it. Sure enough, mine swiveled loose so quickly that the pistol was decocking itself between shots and throwing me spontaneous double-action pulls during rapid fire. DA to SA to DA to SA... then the piece unscrewed itself entirely and hit me in the chest. :oops: Welp... I can't wait to fix this up and take it back out, because the action begs to be fired. Wonder if there are any solid fixes to this in 2020 or if I should just send it off to S&W.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts