Registered
1,057 Posts
Hmmm. That's a new one on me. kfjdrfirii

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cush,

It's not really mentioned in the SCSW, just a reference in the Product codes. About 300 were made.

giz

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well don't let Drew see it. He has a fettish for fixed sighted .44 magnums. He may not want this one as it didn't begin it's life as a .41. nbhaof

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice find, Camfour did a couple of runs of -5's pre-locks and -6's with the lock. I think one run was 2500 and the other was around 500. The ones before were from another distributor, don't recall who. Which dash is your's?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mines a dash 5 ~ no internal lock....

Hard to believe that lackluster sales was the reason they didn't fill out the rest of the order... :roll:

giz

·
Registered
600 Posts
It really isn't for everyone. I let my friend that shoots 1911's all the time shoot this one 3 times with full mag loads and he wanted no more of it. I wish that S&W would have applied this design to the 681 and made it in a 2.5" bbl. 357 would have appealed to the people afraid of the 44.

It is a gun REAL men carry as back-up. Makes the bad guys wonder if that is your back-up, what is your primary carry piece. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Cush said:
Hmmm. That's a new one on me. kfjdrfirii
Short memory there Cush .... I showed you two of these at the same time..... I guess they didn't make much of an impression on you... had you shot them you would have remembered....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'd bet that Cush was so overwhelmed with all that was shown to him......

I do remember them however. ;) kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
had you shot them you would have remembered
and a reminder would be the dot from the front sight in his forehead? njgapjgj

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nframe said:

Chris, you hit it spot on. I am often overwhelmed at Drew's. I can't get past the mountain of K22's to remember anything else. :lol:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Cush said:
Nframe said:

Chris, you hit it spot on. I am often overwhelmed at Drew's. I can't get past the mountain of K22's to remember anything else. :lol:

Its that mountain of K 22's that is hard to get around!

:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I was not aware of that model,it is a BEAUTY and wish I had one also !!.Too bad they stopped making them as one on 357,44mag,& 41 mag would be a great carry/conversation piece.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Let me guess, you let the bag-guy shoot it for self-defense. Or, do you use Harry Callahan's light 44Spl loads? Guns like that always semed to me to be equally punishing on both ends. I'm figuring with that short tube, you get what? About 850fps with a Factory load? So, you have a loud, extra-hard recoil, 44Spl with a great gout of flame in low light. Don't get me wrong, high intimidation-factor and way cool. It just seems to me that you reach a point of diminishing returns with a firearm like that. Kinda like a Model 66 Snubbie on steroids.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
toroflow said:
Gizamo said:
toroflow said:
One word: MIM thepuke
Ken,

One word answer: YEP

And this is the only MIM gun in my collection. :cool:

giz
I know, I got one of those dreadid MIM guns...AND ITS GOT THE INFERNAL LOCK!!! But, no .500s were made prior to those abominations, so yes, I do have one too! :oops:
Actually Ken, the gun that Giz is crowing about in this thread is one of the 300 1999 guns that are pre-keylock.

He just about broke my wrists to get it out of my hands....

But, that's okay.... I had two and kept the unfired one.... ;)

Drew

1 - 20 of 26 Posts