Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend selling a 629-6 6" with about a box and a half thru it.it comes with the box and all paper work.is there any quirks with the newer smiths I need to know??.
thanks
pete

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm sure it's a very fine gun, just check it over good before committing. The main difference is it will have the MIM hammer and trigger.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey Pete it should be fine. The -6 was the first with the IL. My Camfour 2.5" was a -6. I carried it and put hundreds through it with no issues. Never opened the key package or turned the lock. James

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks I am going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

:evil: I still have to log on everytime I want to post here :evil:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Should be good for at least another half a box.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

also got a good supply of 44 spec and 44 mag brass and 1K large pistol primers :D .
pete

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sipowicz said:
Should be good for at least another half a box.
I guess when I am done shooting these.
429421 (250 gr keith)

I better swap it off fast :lol: :lol:
pete

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol: :lol: yup hadn't culled them yet.I had 147 good ones when I was done for the morning.I hope that smith holds up long enough to shoot them. :D

pete

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pete the mold those bullets came out of must be an original, cause they have got the flat bottomed grease grooves?
Steve

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is a older mold.my star sizer will be in next week so I'll do a range report soon.
pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Pete -

Congrats.

My 629 5" Classic is a -6 also. First model with the lock & my first S&W. The only time I monkeyed with the lock was when it was first bought, I checked it to see how it worked, and not used since. I've put approx. 600 rds. (44Mag./44Spl.) thru it and have never had a problem with the lock.
I put a Wolf spring kit in it and it has an absolutely awesome double & single action trigger.

Bruce

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks bruce.

with the lyman mold they avg. 248.3 grs and drop at .432 with my alloy.

pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts