Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Having an itch to scratch for a big bore short barrel Smith i came across this 3 incher 44 and tlrun like a scalded dog to the range. Ran some 44 Sp to wark up and to let the Mrs try it out
Then loaded up the magnums and blasted a cylinder out. The factory Altamonts cut me up pretty bad but I loaded another cylinder anyway. Took off a shooting and had to quit halfway through. Wiped the blood off the backstrap and took her home.
Just recieved these Smith rubber target style grips and looking forward to getting back out there with the magnum loads again real soon.

IMG_20200807_110524_174.jpg
20712.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the mispelling and double image posts. Couldn't find the "edit" option for other than the title.

·
Registered
22,035 Posts
Great looking 629 Brushpile. Hopefully the new grips will make it more enjoyable to shoot. A .44 magnum is something on my list to get.

Reactions: Brushpile

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks y'all. I sure do love it. Headed to the range tomorrow to try out the new grips.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Do you see the 3 verticle dots in the upper right hand corner of your post? Click on it.......the EDIT option comes up. Like every improvement S&W makes nowadays.....it's just to save money......for themselves. Bob

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
SWEET looking 629-1 you have Keith 44! ;) I don't see a barrel pin, I do see the half round cylinder stop. My M-66-1 has both ....plus recessed chambers on the cylinder. What's up with that? I though the 629 had those too!!! Bob

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bob,
I had an early 629, it had the pinned barrel and recessed chambers.

The 629-1 pictured, was a non-pinned and non-recessed edition...

When I received this dash one, it was a 6 inch barreled model. I bob'd it back a bit.

I like the 3 1/2" barrels for the balance and it works with my favorite carry rig.:cool:

I added the CC smooth combat trigger along with a standard CC hammer to my liken.

Generally, I like the magnas better than the targets for concealed carry.
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts