1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to buy a 627PC, listed as new

Well, it wasn't, but seller claims its new just fired a few times

Serial # makes me think otherwise

BCF-4xXX (XX for privacy in case I dont buy it)

Anyone able to help me gauge how old this 627-PC is?

My gut tells me 2003-2007, if you have a book or access to find out for me, I'll gladly donate $10 (once) to the charity of your choice. Please keep in mind I share my credit card with my wife, so please no charities which will give me "the evil eye" come supper time :)

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! 2005.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
BCF prefix in the book is 2005 but the dash number after the 627 in the yoke cut out would help narrow things down. The lock began in 2002. Other details would help narrow it down.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Hey Paul,

Welcome to S&W!

You will like that 8 Shooter!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Performance center guns are hard to nail down. Most are not standard production and only made when orders are received. While the frame may have been made in 2002 0or2003 the frame could have laid around the PC shop for several months to years before an order was made up . Then available parts are used hand fitted and the gun then shipped. It is not unusual to have a PC gun with no matching traditional parts from different years .

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
The -5 change was introduced in 2002 with the addition of the internal lock but again your serial number dates your gun to 2005.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts