Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
You folks here will have to pardon my ignorance, but where are the non(un)-fluted cylinders found without being special ordered? On another post, WGlide90 has a Classic Magnum II, so I figured that's where they show up, on classics, but is that correct? I've never actually seen one, so I'm simply asking, not really sure it's a look that's sold on me. I associate the look with old SA revolver's in a western font (not that there's anything wrong with that!), but it's not what I think of when I think S&W....I fear I could be easily persuaded though! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
306 Posts
twomoons!!!

That is a fantastic 627!!!

As you guys know I really like the unfluted N-frames.

I saw one of these back in '90 and liked it but pasted on it because I thought the checkering on top was after-market, never seen it before.

I think the gun looks great! It has a wild set of features. The 5 1/2" is unexpected, and to go with the full lug. Then the grips just set it off as well.

Blackcloud2, raises a good point. I never seen unfluted S&W until '89 when I got my first. Then it seemed that each 44 mag I saw that POPPED my eyeballs out were unfluted, so that's all the 44s I got. I think the old SA look is part of it for me, other is the pure smooth lines.

Just my thoughts.

Great gun twomoons.
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.