Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Kevin the front sights are not visible when shooting. When I installed my first Fastfire I really thought something was wrong. For some reason you naturally have the tendency to look through the window and then see the front sight. If you do you will be shooting a mile high. After a trip or two to the range muscle memory kicks in and you learn to drop the muzzle to see the dot on the target.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kevin the front sights are not visible when shooting. When I installed my first Fastfire I really thought something was wrong. For some reason you naturally have the tendency to look through the window and then see the front sight. If you do you will be shooting a mile high. After a trip or two to the range muscle memory kicks in and you learn to drop the muzzle to see the dot on the target.
Thank you. Not sure if I would like the additional ounces. But if you are happy, me too.

I would be happy to buy that McGivern bead sight so it doesn’t bother your sight picture anymore! I know, what a nice guy I am!

Kevin

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think they call that variety of maple curly flame, They were natural color when I got them, but I decided to darken them a bit with stain and finished them with Formby's high gloss tung oil. Although it's not a "real" tung oil, I like it. Easy to apply. About 4 or 5 coats usually does it. After letting it set for a couple of weeks, you can cut the gloss wiyh 0000 steel wool, 2000 grit sand paper, rotten stone powder, etc, if you want. I left these glossy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts