Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a S&W 5906 that was in excellent condition. I just got back from the range and was very disappointed. The gun wouldn't extract. I took it to my local gunsmith and he tried to order an extractor from S&W. They told him to send the gun back to them. I have never had a problem with any S&W. How is their repair service. Is this a common problem with the 5906? Is this going to be an expensive fix? The 5 rounds I shot grouped very well and I hope to have this gun for a long time. I love the weight and stainless steel of this gun. The recoil is very comfortable. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
S&W's repair service is usually fairly quick & quality is top notch. Hope it hold true for you. Keep us posted, good or bad.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
injunbro is right. i recently bought a 4013 and it needed repair. if you go to smith's website under warranty they have a form to fill out and send them online they will contact you in a day or so buy email including a free shipping tag for fed ex or ups and a letter for the shipper saying they are to provide a free box for shipping. all you have to do is bring the gun to the shipper. as in my case smith repaired the gun free of charge and shipped it directly back to my home. turn around time was about a week this is all provided there is no misuse of the gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts