Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the compliments everyone, really appreciate it. As far as the M&P series, i don't know anything about that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent take down and great job showing every nook and crannie. I have two of these and I love 'em. Thanks again for the walk through.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
NP. sorry for the late update, been very busy but i was using the 17lbs hammer spring from Wolff and i had 2 light primer hits. Switched to 18lbs hammer spring, 400rds of Tulammo later and no problem yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great write up! Now I know why I like my Glocks for easy disasembly of the frame unit! I can detail strip my Glock frames in about three minutes flat! Is there some place where a guy can buy a factory gun smith manual for complete disasembly and service of the 3rd Gen Smiths? IE my 3913.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Muleskinner, not sure about the manuals. Glocks are really nice when it comes to maintenance and take down, but i just dont like the way they feel and i don't shot very well with them, still a great gun though. Update: still using the 18lb wolff spring and no malfunctions after a 1k rds later. i didn't like the look of my scratched up 6659 so i decided to polish it awhile ago. i'll try and find a picture of it. I have been running into an issue however and this has been occurring ever since i owned the firearm. The recoil guide rod keeps slipping off the barrel notch. This is the second recoil i have replaced and i am tired of the spring hitting people in the face or flying across the room. It is becoming very difficult to do a simple field strip because i can't keep the recoil spring and guide rod set in place long enough to assemble the weapon. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Changing the topic for a bit .how about putting a spherical barrel bushing like a CQB 45 in a nib 5904 .New barrel but what slide ?or machine the slide for the bushing ? I don't need any more pistols so why not spend it on perfecting the mint ones you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does anyone know if this is available anywhere else with the photos? Or might it possibly ever be re-done without the photo pilferer? I find myself in need of this now, and I can't find one with pictures.

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
Just send the OP a private message and ask him to send you the write up printed out.

His photos aren't showing thanks to the owners of the Photobucket website got greedy and charging an unacceptable amount of money for the use of their image sharing capabilities.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just send the OP a private message and ask him to send you the write up printed out.

His photos aren't showing thanks to the owners of the Photobucket website got greedy and charging an unacceptable amount of money for the use of their image sharing capabilities.
Now why didn't I think of that? It's worth a shot! I have seen the carnage left behind in many a post on many a forum from their greed. It's pitiful, especially when it's something so useful like this. I'm going to give him a shout.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
F-you-Bucket strikes again....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! Your a Life(gun) saver! I'm a 3rd of the way in and feeling lucky! Think I'm missing one of the two Springs that go in on top of the frame in front of the hammer. I will see if I can order it and I'll let you know when this is complete if I can't find it on my shop floor when I get back to the shop tomorrow morning LOL. I do a lot of cerakoting in this is by far the hardest firearm that I've dealt with second on my list would be the iwi Tavor x95.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts