Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I have an opportunity to purchase a good condition model 539 nickel plated pistol S/N A733XXX. I want to know about how many of these were made and if these are as elusive as the all steel 39 first gen pistols. I started collecting the old school semi autos awhile ago( all of them but 1 recon 45 model ) are shooters in very good condition. my chances finding a old school all steel 39 are probably slim and expensive. So how would this compare to the old school all steel 39 pistols and what should I be looking at in regards to purchase price on a good condition shooter
Thank You in advance for your assistance

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
The Smith Wesson 539 was discontinued in 1983. the total production numbers for the run was around 10,000 of which about 10 % were nickel . and about Half of the production had the adjustable rear sights . Last MSRP was $505 with the Adjustable rear sights and nickel finish. . they were some of the last nickel gun produced by smith is the factory before nickel was discontinued. If you are a collector I would get one . If its a shooter you want there are plenty of blue ones available . . But it is a great gun to own either way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I do collect so I will most likely grab this one and add it to the collection and save it for anther generation of Smith and Wesson fans to enjoy one day

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you I do collect so I will most likely grab this one and add it to the collection and save it for anther generation of Smith and Wesson fans to enjoy one day
Picked one up on GB Back in November..........for less than 600.00. Love it! All Steel, one of the Nickel ones.

Can't complain on accuracy at 10 yrds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts