Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up at the 2nd day of the Waterville gun show. Day 2 has always been good to me. Anyrate, need to work up some loads for this .38 Wadcutter... :)

giz

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Giz,

In my experience the trick with 52's is to find a load that functions with both the magazines and the recoil mechanism of the pistol.

Try Alliant Bullseye first, around 2.7 grains with a swaged lead hollow based wadcutter.

Mine would shoot minute of chipmunk, but I got tired of constantly reloading the 5-round magazine so I traded it off for a pair of Model 41's.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Drew....

I'm going to work up some loads for it next weekend. I have a box of HBWC's to use up and tons of Bullseye... ;)

How'd ya' like the original S.D. Myres holster?

giz

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Gizamo said:
How'd ya' like the original S.D. Myres holster?

giz
Missed that in the sharp factory polish job of that 52!

That holster is pretty neat too! Is it marked for a 52 or 39? The frames are fairly similar.....

Nice snag Bro....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is unmarked. But it originally came with Model 39 SN..1407 The 407th 39 produced... ;)

giz

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Nice find, Giz! kfjdrfirii
I think I need to follow you around for a week or two and find a few of your hidey-holes.. you're coming up with some really neat stuff!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
carl418 said:
Nice find, Giz! kfjdrfirii
I think I need to follow you around for a week or two and find a few of your hidey-holes.. you're coming up with some really neat stuff!
No kidding!! I think we all need to move to Maine to give Giz some competition on these toys he keeps turning up with!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very nice snag there Giz ! goodjob01
That's a sharp looking holster as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts