Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Let us know the specifics.
What caliber? What is the serial number from the bottom of the butt? What barrel length, measured from the front of cylinder to muzzle?
Pics would help.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 5 screw revolvers were older, but we need to see pictures to be able to help very much. Take them with a real camera, in shaded sunlight with sharp focus and good detail on markings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an old 5 screw smith that i think is pretty old and I hope some one can help thanks cowboy
Let us know the specifics.
What caliber? What is the serial number from the bottom of the butt? What barrel length, measured from the front of cylinder to muzzle?
Pics would help.
Jim
017899 6 inch38 special looks like model 10

·
Premium Member
21,029 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! That is not a valid serial number. If you got it from the yoke cut, you need to remove your grips and give us the number from the bottom of the grip frame. Pictures would also help.

Jim, only target revolvers got the K prefix SN's. So, it can't be a pre-Model 10. Those would be starting with a C.

Reactions: PandRFan

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
S&W serial numbers don't start with "0" (*except Club Guns).

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! That is not a valid serial number. If you got it from the yoke cut, you need to remove your grips and give us the number from the bottom of the grip frame. Pictures would also help.

Jim, only target revolvers got the K prefix SN's. So, it can't be a pre-Model 10. Those would be starting with a C.
i got it off the bottom of the butt

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
1916 ish ship date. One of mine #219xxx shipped 3/18

·
Premium Member
21,029 Posts
Wendy makes us mind our P's and Q's or she spanks us when we aren't good little girls and boys. o_O

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Super Moderator
35,982 Posts
Thanks what is a moderator
Guy had a great answer, mostly moderators make certain that things stay within the rules or assist when someone requests something and we have the ability too. Mostly this group does an excellent job of watching out for themselves and each other, but from time to time someone may miss that a post has language not allowed or debates get too heated so the moderators act as referees with a go to a neutral corner, but it is a rare thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts