Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to pick it up this morning! So happy with it. It’s a shooter grade gun with wear mostly on the cylinder but by god it’s a 3.5” pre model 27 and it’s mine! Dates to 1955 if I remember correctly. I’m going to pick up my little brother and take him on his first range trip. I couldn’t be happier with Mr. Newell’s customer service, I was worried with corona money might be tight and I’d miss a payment. He said no problem the guns yours just do what you can. Just a really nice guy and he’s just been fantastic to work with as I’ve mentioned in other posts. I know this is a dream gun for a lot of us and I’m happy to get one and can’t wait to throw some pew. Next up a Dirty Harry 44.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Absolutely AWESOME! Congratulations on an outstanding score

Reactions: Mjh

·
Registered
21,964 Posts
Congrats on scoring that beauty. Hopefully soon we will be getting a range report from you regarding how the gun functions. Enjoy!:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
RG(Robert) is a stand up gentleman.
Glad you were able to get a vintage
S&W pre 27 from him.
I was able to a aquire an exc 57 from
him bout 4+/- weeks ago. Thanks again to Robert and sharing your Smith.
Take Care..

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey D,

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took it to the range. It’s the most accurate I own. I’m pretty good with my 66. But this is better. I’m no target shooter, I’m just happy to be there. But I was able to put 4 or 5 in one big hole. I did have an issue where it locked on me. It wouldn’t advance in double action, a quick scrub with the brush and it worked perfectly. It worked perfectly before shooting. So I’m thinking probably just debris. I didn’t clean it much before heading out. In the long run I could see sinking some money into it to get it tip top again maybe a factory refinish down the road. My little brother whose never shot before preferred the 66. Said he went home and started looking into ammo an revolvers.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
I gonna tell ya...it just don't get much better than that. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts