Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clockwise from the top: 44 Magnum (1958-one of five known), Model 57 (1968-only one known), Model 19-2 (1969-test revolver for the Florida Highway Patrol), Model 19-2 (1965-special order for the custom knife maker, Bob Loveless). All revolvers letter as having been shipped with a five-inch barrel and nickel finish.

Bill

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Goodness Bill....

Those are spectacular!

Can we now look forward to seeing more of you collection in groups of four? :p

Thanks for putting these up for us to see.... and dream about.....

Drew

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts
Very, very nice!!

Considering I'm a big fan of nickel revolvers, this makes my day!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Rare, beautiful, valuable, really fantastic pieces. I love the shiny guns and the 5" barrel length has always been my favorite.

G

·
0 Posts
OK Bill....

I'm beginning to think that I know you a little ;)

Don't dangle out that their was a Loveless gun ~ and then feign that you don't have a Loveless knife... :mrgreen:
I'm bettin' you do!

giz

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Giz....no Loveless knife here. I have looked for one (not too hard), but haven't found one.

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Beautiful group of guns Bill. Wll you be doing a write up about them for the Journal?

Long time no read Giz. Looks like I found you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike...I hadn't thought about a Journal article, but it sounds like a good idea. I'll work on it after the meeting in Troy. The 5-inch Model 57 was made for Colonel Cunningham, a friend of many S&W executives and Springfield Armory. It was made in S&W's toolroom.

Bill

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Bill, As usual.......the absolute best S&W's that I have seen on the S&W Forum . ;) Don't know you manage to find 'em all! :D You, sir, are a collecter's collecter. Your beautiful photos are one of the reasons that I don't bother to post my attempts at photography. Who wants to see pictures done by a hack!!!! :lol: Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts