Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am again. I pulled the pistol apart hoping to find out which cylinder stop would be required. The seller disclosed that it was broken. Actually, it is missing.

So I am still stuck. I THINK it is the "new" version of the part but can't be sure.

Please take a look below. I have included images of both the new and old part (as described on Numrich) https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/smith-wesson/revolvers-sw/38-dbl-act-revolver

The trigger spring is broken, no big deal. But the stop is a mystery. I'm hoping as you look at the photos you will be able to offer guidance.

4th Mod 2.jpg

4th Mod 3.jpg

4th Mod 5.jpg

329960.jpg
"OLD"

329990.jpg
"NEW"

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been working on one of these in a safetyhammerless with a grip safety but if I’m not mistaken the cylinder stop only comes in to play at the last moment. The hand catches the cylinder in whatever position it is in. I don’t currently have the gun or I’d double check. In know the Iver Johnson top break safety hammerless specifically mentioned the free spinning cylinder. The broken trigger spring could also factor in. I could never determine how to remove the trigger guard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts