Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey....

just curious what everyones pet loads for their 460s are. i have the 8 3/8" and i shoot mainly 250gr and 240gr hornady XTPs thru mine. shooting the 240s, my gun loves 44.5gr lilgun, and with the 250s, it absolutly adores 36.2gr of lilgun. both fired off with a CCI LRMP.

anyone else shoot the XTPmag 240s and 250s and if so, what does your gun like?

also. just out of curiosity, does anyone shoot lead thru their 460?

ive got about 1000 255gr RNFP lead (cowboy bullets i shoot thru my 45 colt) and id love to find a good load for them to use for practice......

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Guys here are mostly collectors, some shooters. I can't remember anybody here who has one of those handcannons. My Blackhawk in 45 Colt with heavy Lilgun loads is about all I care to shoot without a buttstock. It's not that they're ignoring you, like I said, I don't know of any of these guys whose mentioned having/shooting one. Maybe 500Magnumnut has one, he'll be along sooner or later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know, i just thought id give them a ration.......im pretty much set in my jacketed loads, and think i found a load or the lead bullets too,11.8gr o unique. dont know yet as i havent had a chance to shoot them, but time will tell though for sure.

i you ever decide to get a bigger hammer, the 460 will shoot 45 schofield, 45 colt, 454 cassull as well as the 460 magnum. i used to have a 500 mag myself, but when the 460 came along, i thought it would be way more economical as im a 45 colt reak, and i already reload and have tons of reloading supplies or the 45 colt already. i reload for 35 different calibers myself. i can reload for the 460 or about the same or a little more than it costs me to reload for my 45 colts.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Heck, the load I currently run, 22.5gr. of Lilgun with a hardcast 255 is doing just shy of 1300 out of my 5-1/2" Blackhawk. Pretty-much able to handle anything I run into in SW Ohio LOL! Last sighting of a Grizzly here was in the early 1800s and I think he was just lost! I've also got a SBH in 44mag but with the load I developed for the 45Colt, they're pretty-much equal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AHH!

another ruger guy!

i own 26 ruger single action revolvers....LOL

only one i dont own i always wanted is the 44 mag hunter model with the scope rings. i have the little borother to it, the 22/22M convertible 7 1/2" hunter, but havent been able to ind a 7 1/2" 44m hunter

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My Blackhawk is a New-Model but, my SBH is an older Silhouette gun, 10.5" Bbl, unfluted Cylinder. one of the first ones built. Just got it back from Ruger last summer, they rebuilt/reblued it. looks Brand-new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts