Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 460 XVR tries (and sometimes succeeds) in loosening the rear iron sight after shooting.
The sight starts to bend upwards arching the metal. Is this a known problem? Should the sights be replaced? And if so, Smith and Wesson or another manufacturer?

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Try a little dab of purple or blue locktite on the screws, My 460V liked to unwind the extractor -a little locktite fixed that right up.

It's not a factory defect, it's putting almost 3000 Ft lbs of energy in one shot. I'm surprised more things don't unscrew on these.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try a little dab of purple or blue locktite on the screws, My 460V liked to unwind the extractor -a little locktite fixed that right up.

It's not a factory defect, it's putting almost 3000 Ft lbs of energy in one shot. I'm surprised more things don't unscrew on these.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
My XVR has no 'iron sights'. Scope rail only. Japanese LOE glass Burris scope mounted.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The sight starts to bend upwards arching the metal
This is the design, it is curved, and the screw flattens it out. It results in a minor amount of tension to hold the sight in place. My 460V loosened several of its screws besides the sight screw including the #1, #3 and the thumbpiece screws. Blue threadlocker solved the issue for me, too. Remove lube from the surfaces before applying the threadlocker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts