Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does S&W still offer a wheelgun chambered for the 45ACP? Checked their website and didn’t see 45ACP listed as a chambering for any revolver. What happened to their “JM” signature wheelgun with a 3” barrel?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't answer you question but you are correct. I went to their website and no .45 ACP revolvers. Perhaps due to demand they are focusing on models that may be more popular or sell in higher numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe the Model 625, which was offered in .45 Colt and .45acp beginning in 1988 and 1989 respectively has been discontinued. The "Classic" series may possibly still have the blue model 25 in its lineup but I'm not certain. My 625 in .45acp is currently listed in classifieds for trade, but I'd probably sell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
S&W has discontinued it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Small world, I just picked up a Model 28-2 that was converted to 45ACP by way of a Smith 1955 barrel and cylinder. Haven't been able to shoot it yet (weather and other things) but hope to do so this weekend. All it really needed was a good barrel scrubbing followed by a few patches. It came with 5 full moon clips so I'm good to go in that department. Price was about half what a 45 ACP Model 25 is bringing these days!

Check on gunbroker, there are about 50 Smith 45 ACP revolvers with various bbl lengths listed there right now!

Brown Product Gun Firearm Photograph

·
Registered
18 Posts
What???? The 325 TR is awesome as _!

Great SD wheelgun or steel/bowling pins!

And the 625 of 1989 is a nice shooter with a 5" barrel.

Noticed SW also discontinued the 629-6 V-Comp PC in 44 mag. Snagged one!

Guess we're facing the pandemic/elections/ammo shortage panic.

SW had a banner financial year too.

Lots of new shooters at the ranges so watch your 6, your 3 and your 9!

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Hey J,

S&W, like many manufacturers today, QUITS MAKING the GOOD (what folk liked).

At a big MATCH (the PSA SHOOTOUT) a couple years back, spoke with MR. YOST (a S&W Rep).

Told him I would purchase on the spot: 5" 686, 5" 625 & 5" 629 with the firing pin on the NOSE of the HAMMER (where it belongs) if S&W would "re pop" a run of them.

His response was that "corporate" was not really interested in things like that....??

The lesson from this....Anything GOOD....they QUIT making it.

Get one (or more) 625's at soonest possible convenience, one or more 25-2's.... they will never make another one.

Later, Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.