Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,722 Posts
It's been a reloading weekend for me too, in my case - case preparation.

I've got a couple thousand 9mm and .45acp cases that are all range pickups from my club, or once fired from a local security guard company range. Anyone need brass?

Reactions: bruce and jeepnut

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I wish I had the patience to reload. I tried it with shotgun shells and always made such a mess...one mistake and BBs and powder everywhere. I may have to try again with cartridges especially if I keep buying odd ball stuff like 38-40 guns. I'm amazed at how the "old" cartridges are really quite potent!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Have enough 40’s made up for now, so on to 45acp.
I load these 200 grain Hi-Tek semi wadcutters with 3.8gr of Clays, for use in my 625. Very accurate with mild recoil. Got 150 rounds done this afternoon

I have a nice 625-2. I have had good success w/ No. 68 style H&G 200 gr. SWC's in .45 ACP. Invariably when I use lead bullets, it ends up pretty gunked up w/ soot, lube, etc. Have not yet tried coated bullets. How does the load you are using perform in your revolver? Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have enough 40’s made up for now, so on to 45acp.
I load these 200 grain Hi-Tek semi wadcutters with 3.8gr of Clays, for use in my 625. Very accurate with mild recoil. Got 150 rounds done this afternoon

I have a nice 625-2. I have had good success w/ No. 68 style H&G 200 gr. SWC's in .45 ACP. Invariably when I use lead bullets, it ends up pretty gunked up w/ soot, lube, etc. Have not yet tried coated bullets. How does the load you are using perform in your revolver? Sincerely. bruce.
Bruce, I really like the coated bullets. No soot and lube to gunk things up and no leading or bullet residue left in barrel and you load them just like regular cast lead bullets

·
Registered
21,533 Posts
I have abunch of 200gr lead and they are very accurate. I might have to get the coated and try some in the 45 Colt but maybe a little hotter. The lead in 45 Colt at reduced power is excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts