Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 4516 locally on Armslist. It apears to be the 1 of 500 run of US Marshal pistols from 1993. Anyone that can confirm this? he wants $500 for it, which I think might be a bargain.

11474684_02_smith_and_wesson_4516_640.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
BIN

It’s a Bicentennial Edition, not a duty gun, but worth it to me anyways. 4516’s are hot commodities. SCSW shows 500 made in 93.

No transfer fees or shipping involved.

How many mags?

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Shaun, at that price, it's a bargain. If you get any extra mags with it all the better. That should be a great collectible or or an awesome shooter, whichever way you would go with it.
The 4500 series pistols have excellent history behind them and a reputation as a solid 45 pistol. outside of the 1911 platform.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out it is a Dash 2 so not a US Marshal commemorative (those had different rollmarks) but still seems value priced based on completed sales on gunbroker

·
Registered
757 Posts
Blowing up the photo, I believe (and may be wrong) that the US Marshal's emblem is laser engraved, not a roll mark. It may be factory or it may have been added later. It does look professionally done regardless of who/when it was applied.

I have a Kahr PM40 that I had my agency's seal laser engraved on the slide and it looks good.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
JUMP ON IT !!! 500 production run for US MARSHALL's is correct. It a collector. If you don't want it Ill borrow money from the bank to buy it .

!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JUMP ON IT !!! 500 production run for US MARSHALL's is correct. It a collector. If you don't want it Ill borrow money from the bank to buy it .

!!!!
Layne, it’s not one of the Marshal pistols. I corrected that up thread somewhere.

While not a full range report, I was able to function test the pistol today. Just a couple of stumps and cans so no targets to show but I’m very happy. Gun feels great in the hand. Recoil is very manageable and it was easy to hit with. Including cans at 25 yards. Only ran a box of aluminum cased ball through it. Don’t have enough .45 HP on hand to worry about that at the moment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice piece, Forester. I got my 4516-1 with tritium sights someone had put on it. Trouble was, they were not a matching set. Shot 6" low at 7 yds.!!!!! I can be dangerous with a file in my hand but, in this case, I showed enough restraint to lower the front sight "just enough" to get POA and POI to line up. Very nice pistol!!

Gary

1 - 19 of 19 Posts