Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded for a 25-13 mountain gun, n frame , think it was manufactured for only one year maybe 204. Looking fo info on it, value , collect ability, etc, fired onset 50 tounds

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw one on gunbroker for 1350, I’ll probably sell it sooner or later. Looking for someone who really would like to own it, and of course already bought 200 rounds of ammo including some buffalo bore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recoil isn’t a problem, 44 mag was my gun of choice when I was younger. I have fired 40 rounds thru it, very mild, haven’t shot the heavy stuff yet. Put hogue grips on it the wood look great but don’t fit me well. Now that I’m older my carry guns are smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven’t reloaded in years, loads I’ve shot were 255 grain lead at 850. Saving all the brass. I may just be getting to old to do it, but need a hobby and still love to shoot.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey J,

That is a swell looking REVOLVER!!

7.2gr Universal Clays w/255gr LSWC.......easy on the recoil and amazingly accurate!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
To crimp or not to crimp...

Thank you sir I’ll try it, do they need a heavy crimp?
Hey J,

Just regular roll crimp in the crimp groove.

See if I have a pic? Ahh, yes! Just ran these two weeks ago...:eek:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Go Blue !!!

Hey J,

For you, I might well recommend a Lee 4 Hole Turret Press. Economical, and makes good ammo.

I use all Blue.... (the only way I can keep up with my afflictions) :D

I have found that seating and crimping in separate stages works best with cast bullets.

If you want to go a bit faster (a Lee 4 Hole) take four strokes to make one round, then a Dillon 550 C may be the way for you. One round per pull of the handle..... :confused: A bit pricier...but loads very accurate ammo (as shown in the pics) :eek:

Of all the "progressive machines", I think the Dillon 550 series (bought my first one in '85) is the most "user friendly". Easy to change calibers, fairly inexpensive, robust, reliable and backed by the Dillon Life Time Service.

If single stage is your "cup of tea", then any of the makers can "fill the bill". RCBS, Lyman, H'Day, Lee...and do not forget CH4D! They make real quality equipment for a really fair price.:cool:

Hope this helps...:eek:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Mark helps a lot just have to decide if I’m going to keep it and get into reloading again, etc. right now I buy bulk ammo for my other firearms. I’m almost 68, been trying to downsize for my wife’s sake, lol we will see,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts