Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S166292 and S166293, shipped on July 14 and 12, 1956, respectively, to Camfour, Incorporated in Springfield, MA. These 44 Magnums were "paired" early in their history and have remained together for nearly fifty-three years. They remain near new and unfired. The pair also has consecutive assembly numbers, 7814 and 7815.

I bought the pair from Gary Garbrecht about twelve years ago. He had the case made by Marvin Huey and it is perfect the the pair. I displayed the pair in this case at the annual meeting of the S&WCA in Salt Lake City in 2006 when we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the 44 Magnum.

Those of you who want to find out more about custom cases by Marvin Huey can see them at http://www.hueycases.com

Bill

·
Registered
600 Posts
The 44's look as if they're made of liquid and were poured in that case. Just beautiful.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
:eek: Beautiful

·
Registered
592 Posts
Doc,
I had a feeling that upon your return you would smack us with something extra special.. and you sure did. What a handsome pair!
Dan

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Those are beautiful guns and being consecutive numbers and all are realy some thing. But that case is also very nice and the tools in it are especialy nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts