Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt at a " custom ". It is not completely done yet but is getting there. Super Blackhawk 5 1/2" with a Bisley grip frame. Macassar Ebony grips by CLC. Bowen Rough Country rear site.

G

·
0 Posts
Yes Sir!

You definitely have my full attention. Number 1, that is the ideal barrel length. No.2, that is my favorite grip frame ~ barring no other.... Great selection on the rear sight. Nice selection on the grips....

Do I spy a different base pin?

Ya' done good, Amigo.... :mrgreen:

Hunter version in 7.5"
Most accurate handgun that I own...

giz

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks giz, Still to come is a Clements double gold bar front site and a decision on whether or not to bead blast it. It also has a Power Custom free spin pawl, Belt Mountain locking base pin , Wolf spring kit. It locks up like a vault, timing is dead on and the trigger breaks at 2.5 lbs. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like you've lined up all your ducks in a row on that handgun. Freedom Arms will have nothing on your ;)

I managed to steal a AccuSport Bisley in .41 from a good friend down South. My favorite handgun for hunting and I rarely carry a rifle these days without it ridin' on my hip....

giz

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great minds think alike. If the 44 shoots as good as this 41 I will be pleased. Without a doubt the most accurate handgun I own. With a 57 Mountain Gun.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Chutch from one .41 nut to another, I hope my vote stands for something...

My choice would be that you keep the original finish of the Blackhawk. I like it just the way it is. ;)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
chutch,
A beautiful 'custom', and (most important) all the changes result in a gun that's even more shootable than as-made.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Don
;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the compliments. I am pretty happy with the way it's coming along. I should have two front sights by the end of the week. The Acusport is going to get the same treatment. It wouldn't be right otherwise. I may even have the cylinder fluted on it.
Now for the spooky part....If you look at the grain pattern in the lower left grip ...it strongly resembles a map of Idaho! :shock: :shock:
Thus the sixgun has a name Spooky! Her sister the 41 has always been Maggie. :lol:

Maybe it was just the Herbs :roll:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Chutch, that's a beauty! Cary's CLS grips are amazing, aren't they? In my opinion he makes the finest grips I've ever seen. What puts him over the top is how he finishes the end of the screw to match the escuteon and how he provides the aluminum spacer that goes between the grips to prevent cracking the wood when tightening the screw. Amazing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts