Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve had a hankering for a pocket 22 but not enough to pay the going rate for one. I found this one advertised on Armslist as being fussy about ammo for about 1/2 the going rate. Only 20 mins away so worth a ride.
It looked to be in excellent shape and the original owner claimed it was quite particular about ammo and had sent it back to S&W who sent it back fixed but it was still misfiring enough for him to want to sell it. I thanked him for being honest about it all and paid him the $275.

On returning home I fired it out back. Sure enough, no matter what brand of ammo I used, it would misfire. I pulled the side plate but saw no issues.Firing pin looked fine as well. The hammer spring looked like Stock but it’s really hard to tell by looks alone.
The trigger pull was not overly light and typical Centennial feeling, although I’ve never shot a 22 J frame. I decided to buy my own spring from Numrich rather than go through S&W just because for $23 it was worth the try. I got a new stock spring for a 43C and a metal spring retainer rather than use the plastic one they are now using.

Parts arrived today. I installed the two and took it out back. I started with the most prone rim fire ammo to misfire I have ever used which are the Federal Lightning’s and it went through a box no problems. I then put in an assortment of just about everything I had on the shelf and after 300 rounds not one misfire.

I’d say it is fine now and really smacks those primers! So...S&W made one enemy who will never buy another one of their guns.... and I have a nice little pocket gun for cheap. I put the Ergo grips on it and am very pleased in the accuracy and overall feel. The thing weighs nothing and has little recoil or report,even with Stingers. Nice revolver!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
"...hate the grips."

They are fugly...but boy do they fit my hand like a well worn glove!

I can draw and point blindfolded and be right on target.Their ability to control recoil is amazing. I can actually shoot my 360PD with control and comfort with these on it.(I have 5 sets of them)

They really are an amazing grip and I wish they came in K,L and N frame size.

If it works..who cares what it looks like? I do own some odd things...

Mad Max at PMP July 3, 2015.jpg

My favorite car has been called ugly by many..but to me..its a dream come true,and is beautiful!

It truly amazes me how image driven humans are...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts