Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found one new in the box unfired if i buy it shoot it or keep it unfired i dont have any 41 mag ammo or reloading stuff it 4in barrell blue

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Its hard to tell someone else what to do, but I'll give you my opinion. ;)

I shoot all my guns and think that is what they were made for. You may be able to sell it for a profit if you don't want to spend the $$ needed to get the ammo and the stuff needed to load for it.

There are many folks that are very fond of that cartridge and that barrel lenght!

good luck.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It's my opinion that owning a .41 Magnum defines one's level of class. The .41 is truely an exceptional cartridge that I think you would fall in love with. That being said, if you don't reload for it you will never realize it's true potential and you will go broke buying factory hollow point ammo.

If you do sell it, post it here in the classifieds where some of us might want a shot at it. I need another .41 like a hole in the head, but if the price were right I'd likely be on it so fast it would make your head spin. PM me if you want. ;)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Cush said:
If you do sell it, post it here in the classifieds where some of us might want a shot at it. I need another .41 like a hole in the head, but if the price were right I'd likely be on it so fast it would make your head spin. PM me if you want. ;)
nfiofnp hpnpap

I knew one of the 41 nuts would show up! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nframe said:
I knew one of the 41 nuts would show up! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!
I resemble that remark! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
668 Posts
hey....whatdya mean?

but on to the OP welcome01 question:

My own hpzl;n; "first" hpzl;n; 41 mag was indeed a 4" M57 in virtually kubvcabo unfired condition. That didn't last long.

Besides the pleasure of running the falling plates 3x6 without a miss, somehow I sustained an infatuation that continues....and now have carefully gathered the loading gear to support the caliber properly with my own homegrown fodder, which is as Gawd Herself intended when she invented Shot & Shell....

As with any first love.....there are features which no subsequent model can hope to equal. And as with any love, nuances previously overlooked but introduced by the 'first' are a welcome addition to an otherwise barren universe filled only with darkness and chaos....oh, pardon ....there ARE other calibers....so I've heard....*kaff*kaff*....so shoot/not shoot? jhs;h;

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Shoot it! It's as God intended, otherwise He wouldn't have invented bullets. Told me so Himself, He did.

Or, maybe it was just the tequila talkin'. :?

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
If I get a new to me gun it gets shot period!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whell im stilltrying to get it bought he wonts me to make an offer it is a 6 in barrel nickel i think it was made around1980and he has the box what would be a fair price for this gun

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There was/is a 6" 57 nickel with box for sale on the blue forum for $750. So perhaps something less than that is a decent deal.

Of course, Drew will chime in that one walked thru his front door for $350, but how can you count those deals?!?!?! :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Actually Ken, it was a couple of weeks ago.... a 4" in Blue and I paid $25 more than that..... :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
How did you determine it's unfired? Bought this one from Alaska a few back and sure it had been fired and have no problem firing some more. It's a great caliber.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts