Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a range report on a new .40ve I bought 1 mth ago.

Gun seems fine so far, no ftf's, no jams etc. Accuracy is pretty good.
Have shot appox a little over 60+rounds to date. As far as grouping,
well here are the results of my last time out to the range: at 7 yards (21ft) I consistantly averaged 3.5 - 4.0 inch groupings. The ammo I used was federal 135 grain hollow point. I shot a total of 1 box of ammo 25 bullets at the range. I broke it up into 5 groups. Each group containing 5 bullets each. Still breaking gun in. Hope to have photos soon. All :cool: so far.
Tony

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks for the report tonyb! Post some pics when you can.

Sounds like you're off to a good start with the new gun. The more practice you get, the more the trigger will smooth out. You'll cut the groupings down even more as she breaks in!

Congrats! :D

·
Super Moderator
10,862 Posts
I had one but sold it last year for a customized carry revolver. I liked the pistol though. It did break in nicely the more I shot it. I was reloading for it as well and it did fine with lead bullets also.

The gun is well worth the money

·
Registered
90 Posts
S&W sorted out the problems with the early Sigmas fairly quickly... and the ones I have seen lately work well... IMHO the Sigma is an under appreciated pistol... they are usually accurate and reliable.

I got one nearly free when I bought a M&P15T about a year ago... it made a perfect Xmas gift for a young friend of mine who has recently started shooting... he likes it better than the Berettas the Air Force issues him...

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
29 Posts
I picked one up today. Shot 50 rounds through it. It's a nice shooting pistol. I have a 9ve on layaway for the wife as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one yesterday. $399 with laser and two mags. I can't wait to get it to the range! I love the grip and the trigger pull on mine is not bad. My Ruger GP-141 has a much harder trigger pull when shooting double action. I plan to run a hundred rounds or so through the Smith and then take my CCW course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts