Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current ammo shortage one must make due with whatever ammo they can get; However, I have fount my M&P40 hates Fiocchi 170gr.

I had a failure to feed on every other shot. Also, when the pistol did cycle, I could feel a hesitation in side in the middle of the cycle. Whenever I would insert a new magazine and drop the slide it would cause another failure to feed. I'm glad I have 350 more rounds of this stuff to get through!!!

I have put thousands of rounds through my M&P40 (mostly Blazer aluminium) and have only had a couple of malfunctions, so I know its not my gun. I ran Blazer 180gr aluminium case and it ran just fine right after.

Don't buy this ammo!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Do ya have another .40 caliber pistol to try it in? I've always had GREAT performance from Fiocchi ammo, but never had a .40.....

Might be the rush to get ammo out during the crisis, light charges and all that, from the factory......I'd call 'em with the lot # off of the box, and see if there are any known issues with that lot:

HOME PAGE

Fiocchi Of America in Ozark, MO | 6930 N Fremont Rd, Ozark, MO

If there were any issues with that lot, they'll probably make it right with ya.....

DocZeus
AKA
The Ammo-Checking One.....

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Do you have a caliper? If so use it to compare the dimension of the problem ammo with the other you are using. I don't know if aluminum cases are exactly the same as brass so this may be comparing apples to oranges but it's worth a try. Also take note of the bullet shape, when reloading 155 grainers the bullet goes to a "point" and is not as "rounded" as my 180gr bullets. They both feed but at first I had some trouble getting the crimp right on the smaller, pointier bullets. I understand that this is factory ammo, I'm simply trying to figure out the reason your having an issue.Best regards, Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts