Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired- I' m going to CC this one- Lobo Gunleather holster on the way.

Stripped, cleaned ,lubed :D

Grips needed some TLC from a good friend. Fitment is now perfect!

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Very nice shooter you got there. That should be a joy to shoot and a great EDC if you so choose. Congrats!:cool: Would love to get my hands on one if the opportunity presents itself....and at a decent price.;)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! I love those early .44 Magnums. I don't like to carry anything too valuable. You never know if it will have to sit in evidence for a spell.
But the action is sooooo sweeeet!

I got one a "little rough" on purpose.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Del,

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
NICE!! and I would call it tiny itty bitty bit rough! Little rough is under valuing it. Looks wonderful to me!

·
Registered
19,843 Posts
A 'little rough' is, probably, the only way I would buy it! I will shoot anything that I buy. I've already shot a few nice, unfired, NIB models, that I got below the price of a new gun. I figured that.....if I bought a new gun, I'd shoot it, anyway!!!! ;):eek::D Bob

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm fine with shooting high condition guns, but a vintage EDC with character removes some fretting. ;)

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Outstanding! Gonna carry magnums or specials. Any particular load? Hank
240 grn Magnum JHP's. Prolly Hornaday or Underwoods. :D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could probably get a co- generation contract with your local utility with that muzzle flash! With certain loads, my mod 28 will light up my county at night! Hank
Lol. Go big or go home. :lol:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shot almost 200 rounds today, all magnums. Mostly Previ Partivan.240 grn HPs with the rest Underwood LFN.
Man it's accurate for a 4". IMO the Pre 29 has the best action of Modern Smiths. The Cokes make a big difference with shootability-I don't know why they ever switched them to the squared off targets of later 44's.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Non model marked 4 screw N frames are a rarity. Yours is a great find given the 4" barrel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts