Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the lines of this old gun and would love to have a few "desk top" photos to add to my collection.

Anyone have some sharp photos of 4" .38-44 Heavy Duties they'd care to share? :roll:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
IIRC... Carl has one that he captured on photo a few weeks ago. It's around here somewhere...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Carl... I love that gun!

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
f150guy said:
Carl... I love that gun!
Thanks..
I had to work a long time to convince Don to sell it to me. Amazing what a person can accomplish if he's willing to beg! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Carl, that may be the ultimate in aesthetics, particularly the outside shot. "She Who Must Be Obeyed" walked by as I was admiring your 38/44 HD, I asked her what she thought of it, she replied "gorgeous!"
I whole heartedly concur . . .Oh what the heck, let me add "stunning!"

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great sugggestion Moondawg! That is one of the very best looking handguns ever built.

I kick myself for all those cheap .38-44s I dropped like a hot potato at gun shows through the years because, upon examination, they weren't .44s.

Of course I also kick myself for trading a nickel 4-inch Model of 1926 for the blue 5-inch I have now.

Only a few of many things I could kick myself over.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...the next best thing to owning one is having some great photos to oggle! :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Working guns and the photos are not great but here you go.

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
photohause,
Thanks.. means a lot coming from a professional photographer.

ps where'd you want me to send that bribe money to?? :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cabela's in Owatonna, MN has a NIB .38-44 HD, nickle plated 4", in the Gun Library. $1500.00 FYI
Regards, Porkie

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Hey Porkie,
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well here's an image that I am currently using as an avatar. This is a transitional HD with the long-throw action.

Only four holes because that was all I had left. This was the last target of the day.

Here's what it looks like on the other side:

July of 1946 -- not quite a birth year gun, but since I showed up in July of 1945, I consider this a belated first birthday present to myself.

David Wilson

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow, you guys are my heros! Great pics and they are really appreciated. The 4" (and 3 1/2") N frames are favorites, and I'd love to have a 38/44.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts