Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been scarce around here for the last 6 months because for some reason I couldn’t log in. Oh well, problem fixed.

The plus side? I’ve added a few more to the pile, that I can share pics/stories behind.

Here’s one.

Last November, I walked into my local Cabela’s simply to pick up a few boxes of ammo ...

“Walk into the gun library,” I said.

“Just take a peek,” I said.

“What could it hurt,” I said.

There were a pair of Model 65’s in the S&W case priced at $500. One was nicer than the other. I asked to see it, and while handling it, I was suddenly aware of a voice that sounded suspiciously like mine asking the salesman if there was any wiggle room on the price. When he said maybe, I heard that voice again saying “would you take $450 for it?” As he said yes, I realized that voice actually WAS mine and I had just bought another Smith.

Oh well. LOL

I had been looking for a 4” M65 to go with my M13 (stainless to match the blued model) ... so, I guess it worked out in the end. ;)

I don’t think my wallet likes me very much, but my safe LOOOOVES me!

I swapped out the grips with a set of Herrett’s I had laying around, and voila - she’s a shooter.

5D8F042B-3162-4420-B4A3-893B12F3731D.jpeg
2EDDA501-9477-4CA8-93FB-AB5165915034.jpeg

with my 4” M13:
CBAE0425-6608-4C1F-BDD7-A91F995AC4F5.jpeg

·
Registered
22,136 Posts
Great to see you back! Great score on a nice revolver and at a good price as well. Congrats and enjoy.:cool:

Reactions: Bumpus

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Bump,

That is some "Sure Fine Shootin'" with an EXCELLENT CRANK GUN!!

Glad to see you back!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and Bumpus

·
Registered
125 Posts
“You got a nice one with a little elbow grease and some mother's you could have a real nice one here is a before and after of my 65”

68Ford, wow, what a transformation!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thank you I have a rescue need some people rescue dogs cats or whatever I try and rescue old Smith's find them dirty banged up and neglected take them apart clean them get quality Smith and Wesson wood grips and show respect to the old Craftsmen that put these together in the first place there is just something endearing about an old school all metal hand fit quality Smith that calls to me from the used counter save me and I have too lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought this pro series M&P .40 S&W from the pawn shop for 200.00 just because it pissed me off what someone did to it they tried to make a compact out if it cut down the grip and did a garbage stipple job on it so I am now looking for a gen 1 M&P that has a garbage slide and I could make 1 fuctional gun from 2 this gun works it's just sad someone did this to it

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very nice 65 ! That was my first gun, and I was crazy to ever let it get away. Congrats !

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am a little late to the party, but had to say model 65s' are great guns. And, I am more than a little impressed with your marksmanship!!! Nice buy.
Welcome back to the forum!!!
Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts