Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I learned a trick from a post from Squidsix on the 'other' S&W Forum. Thought I'd pass it along....
Achieved an almost factory look 9+1 on my 3913NL using 9 round S&W mag from 3906/909 (etc) and a Pachmayr Kahr MK9/K9 mag sleeve from Midway. Just took a bit of 100 grit sanding on a flat surface following 3913NL's magwell angle. Works perfectly and only a small fraction taller than 8 round with finger grip. Kudos to Squidsix for his OP 6-1-2018.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Remove the original S&W 3904/06/909 mag base pad and install the Pachmayr base pad. The hard polymer mag sleeve slides onto the mag shell and into the new base pad like it was made for it. There's a set screw to lock it onto the metal mag shell. You just have to sand the sleeve down at the same angle as the 3913 mag well. Altogether about a 10-15 minute job. Squidsix mentioned he added some skateboard tape around the front of the sleeve. But I kinda like it just the way it is. Overall height including the Novak sights is still only 5-1/2"; nice flat and compact for a 9+1 metal DA/SA single stack! Or just use the 9-rounders for your b/u mags.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts