Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got one for my wife and she wont shoot. Anyway I went to trade it in and to low of offer so Ill keep it for now. Problem was the mag dropped on its own and I sent it in to s&w got it back and it sometimes will still drop. I guy said it might be my thumb hitting the release I have big hands and Its hard to tell for sure. I put a mag extender on before I sent it in. Does anyone have a idea about how to extend it any more. They don't offer anything longer for the ez. m&p they do but wont fit the ez.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you are hitting the magazine release button while you shoot why on earth would you install one that sticks out even farther?

You could put the original one back in and try reversing it to the other side and see if that makes any difference, although it is more likely to be pushed by your support hand if it is on that side. One way to find out is to install the magazine release on the other side (like for a left handed shooter) and then shoot the gun one handed - with right hand and then one handed with left hand. Sound silly? Those are problem solving steps.

And now for a little "motherly lecture" which the older folks here are used to getting from me: Tens of thousands of men have bought a gun "for the wife" and been stuck with it. Men should not buy guns for their wives - with the only exception to that being if your wife has shot a gun and really and truly wants it and you buy it for her as a surprise present. Other than that - take her shooting, let her try guns and pick out her own.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
She also likes her 380EZ so I have to share that one.
And she shares my 9 and other guns. We both have to be at least somewhat proficient with all our guns, just in case.......

It's kinda cute watching a petite woman shoot an AR. I never thought I'd see that sight. Getting her started right, with her own favorite gun was the key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts