Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend and I started reloading 380 after our first range trip with her new 380ez. We worked up a load with 4.0gr of CFE Pistol and the 100gr Berry’s HHP. We figured we would try to see if this hhp would reliably expand at 380 velocities and then we could use this for practice and carry. It took the 4.0gr to get the expansion we wanted now the next trip will focus on accuracy. So far feeding is a none issue with a c.o.l of .955-.960. The fluctuation I am attributing to the bullet it’s self maybe. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I were you, I'd stop right there. You have good velocity and energy, it feeds well, and it expands well. At .380 distances the variations you are seeing will not be relevant. Great job. kfjdrfirii

Hector

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
That's max charge for a 100gr Hornady XTP and it looks like you are getting pretty darn close to the Hodgdon data results as far as velocity. I'm with hector. That's a good place to stop

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree with the others you are probably at the max end for that load. For better accuracy you might try a different bullet weight and/or type. I have found many times the hotter loads are not the most accurate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx guys guys for the support, suggestions and feed back. We agree also that the charge weight at least is right where we want it. We will confirm with our accuracy testing later this week. Thanx again I will keep y’all posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts