Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of LONG ago, right after WW1, Remington came out with these ,also in a .32 acp but this one still remains more 'practical'.....early production model , maybe the first year or two........

flat carry too............

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Very nice!

I've thought it would be fun to build a small collection of US .32 and .380 autos from that general time period - Rem., Colt, S&W, Savage, Browning, etc.

xtm

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, thanks for that 'link' good info we found out there......... :ymapplause:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Lest we forget the little 1903 Colt and the 1910 Browning. Both with grip, and magazine safeties. There is also a 1908 Vst pocket Colt, Beretta 950, and that big one needs no intro!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Love seeing the photos in this thread. While the cartridges fired might be considered somewhat weenie, there's some really fine pistoles exhibited here. Ones that I'd love to own and play with.

My uncle had a Remington Model 51 .380 ACP. I got to fire it but remember little about it. Yet another gun that, in the back of my mind, I can envision acquiring one day.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
BTW
The Remington Model 51 .380 was one of the guns that was owned and liked by General George S Patton.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I have shot the Beretta 84 which is about the same thing. a couple of officers that I knew got permission to carry them on duty. It seemed to me to be a little big for the power. I liked the S&W380, although it looks cheap, it worked really well and carried very well.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
James Clifton said:
Anyone ever shoot the Browning BDA 380??
Jim
I have a BDA380 and a Beretta 85FS. Both are very fun little guns, but for carry I lean towards the 85FS and its single stack mag.
85FS

BDA380

1 - 12 of 12 Posts