Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the Forum and didn't find anything recent on this subject. Found some posts from the early 2000's but things have really changed since then. So, what personal defense ammo do you carry i
n your 1 7/8" barreled snubby and WHY.
PLEASE don't talk about any other barrel length or any other caliber. I know what works in my .45 ACP's and 9mm's but carrying a snubby, 642-2 j-frame, is new to me. SO, what do you use for PD ammo.
THANKS in advance,
Sarge

· Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jonsey, I'd like to try a couple boxes of the HST as well so if you find some, or anyone finds some, please post here for the rest of us! Currently all my other handguns are stoked with Speer Gold dots. One of my main reasons for this is that is what my local LEO's are carrying in their Glocks. Probably can't go wrong with them in my 642-2. Figure if I ever did get into a self-defense situation, I wouldn't have to worry, too much, about some liberal prosecutor going on about some super, fancy high-power bullets!
Thanks, group some good information here!
Sarge

· Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Been looking online for just about any 148-gr. full wadcutter. They are available but DANG they are pricey!! Average right at a $1.00 a round!

· Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately, I don't reload handgun. Might have to start if I can't get what I want!!

· Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Weather and life has not let me get to the range so unfortunately, I can't answer that yet. I will post as soon as I can get range time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts