Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my old 38 s&w revolvers. I do load for and shoot these. The top one is a British service revolver that was made in 40 or 41. The second is a Colt police positive, still a good shooter. Next is a DA38 s&w. It has a 6in barrel that was pretty uncommon. This one doesn't get shot a lot. Next is a regulation police s&w followed by the mod 32-1. These may not be the latest or greatest in self defense guns but a 124gr handload sure beats a 22.
Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a few
Webley MK IV
View attachment 428571
I'll see your Webley & raise you an Enfield No. 2 Mk 1 (1938) - which was a Royal Small Arms Factory modification of the Webley design.
The Webley MkIV was Webley's attempt to forestall production of the Enfield, it failed, but some ~120,000 MkIVs were purchased by the UK during WW2.
Note that this is the original model Mk1^, not the Mk1* ^^, nor the Mk1** ^^^.
I just picked this up last night from my LGS - Gunbroker purchase!

Only ~60,000 Mk1s were made before the Mk1* entered production in 1939 - and any Mk1 that was sent to an Ordnance Factory for repair/refurbishment was required to be converted to Mk1* standard, so there are not that many left. Over 250,000 (possibly as many as 310,000) Mk1* & Mk1**s were made.

The official caliber is .380, which was a British modification of the .38 S&W - and is what most lend/lease .38 S&W pistols were actually chambered in - but modern medium-power .38 S&W rounds are perfectly safe to fire in these - as jeepnut knows well.

^ with hammer (SA/DA, 13-15lb trigger spring) & plain wood grips
^^ with bobbed hammer (DAO, 11-13lb trigger spring) and wood grips with thumb rest
^^^with bobbed hammer (DAO, 11-13lb trigger spring), bakelite grips with thumb rest, and no safety stop

DSC02075.JPG DSC02072.JPG DSC02074.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts