Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,086 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Yes it's been reblued. Or, I should say, it was blued. Originally, it had a Black Magic (phosphate-type) finish. It was made in 1942.

Guy

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Yes it's been reblued. Or, I should say, it was blued. Originally, it had a Black Magic (phosphate-type) finish. It was made in 1942.

Guy
Thank you very much! Is this an early Victory model based on the s/n? It looks well loved! Bore is beautiful, i’m Going to find ammo for it.

·
Premium Member
21,086 Posts
Well...yeah...it was made the first year of our entry into the war. BSR's were made for several years prior to 1942 but technically they are pre-Victories because they didn't have the V serial number.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
21,905 Posts
Welcome t the forum. Nice Victory

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Hi Phred,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...yeah...it was made the first year of our entry into the war. BSR's were made for several years prior to 1942 but technically they are pre-Victories because they didn't have the V serial number.
It’s nice to pass down the history of the gun when my son gets it. He’ Appreciate it more. I’ve had it more than 25 years and thought it was an interesting 38. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you very much! Is this an early Victory model based on the s/n? It looks well loved! Bore is beautiful, i’m Going to find ammo for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
check the chambering - many reamed to .38 special -
I had it out to the range with a couple other items and that’s when I found out a 38 special didn’t fit! Looked closer at the barrel “38 S&W Ctg” . I’m ordering the proper ammo. I’m not a good collector, i’m not happy to just look at them, I must shoot and clean!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts