Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help identifying my gun that I inherited from my Dad? The model # on the bottom is V 350359. I was trying to get a Rubber Grip but can't seem to find the right match. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,656 Posts
You need a grip that fits a Square Butt, K Frame revolver
V 350359 would be the serial number. Your gun is what is commonly called the Victory model and originally it probably had a 5 inch barrel. They were produced for the British & commonwealth nations during WW2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

You need a grip that fits a Square Butt, K Frame revolver
V 350359 would be the serial number. Your gun is what is commonly called the Victory model and originally it probably had a 5 inch barrel. They were produced for the British & commonwealth nations during WW2
Do you know by any chance the value of the gun?

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
And it does NOT shoot the common 38 Special, it shoots 38S&W, so make sure you get the correct ammo for the gun

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was looking at one for about 350 with some bluing loss but it had original grips and barrel length. The grips on it are a very plain Jane. I’m not sure if yours are original or not, they look like they’re nicer then the ones I saw but they could still be original. High side I’d pay is maybe 450-500 if it was pretty nice, but that’s just me. I’d say your Dads gun may have more sentimental value than cash value.

·
Registered
12,656 Posts
Are those grip panels plastic?? Since it has been cut down it has no collector value and the caliber being 38 S&W instead of 38 S&W Special makes it harder sell. I would put the value at $200-225 as a shooter

·
Registered
17,491 Posts
Agree with Jonsey814 assessment. Shooting the 38 S&W is fun and hopefully has some family history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts