Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased what may be an unfired 38 Regulation Police from an estate sale. Aside from a slight amount of blue gone from the end of the barrel, it looks like it was rarely used and possibly shot less. Except for this problem: the cylinder when out slides freely to the end of the shaft attached to the crane. So much so, you have to push it back into position to close the cylinder. Wobbling when closed is almost non-existent. My question is "What do I need to do to fix this?" I may never fire this gun but I'm certainly not going to while the cylinder is so loose. the serial is 416XX.
Who ever had it before me, it looks like it just was never used or nearly not at all. I'd really like to fix it so it is in shoot-able condition so when my wife sells it, she won't get screwed over on the price.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Seems like the cylinder stud (lower right corner of the frame window) is worn or broken.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
We'll need pictures. Sometimes when it's worn, it can be fixed with a punch... but need to see it to diagnose it.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.... I believe that is the problem. It is definitely worn for some reason. The cylinder gets hung up on part of it. Pictures are coming.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"When" I get the pictures up loaded, please let me know what you think.

I know they are fired at the factory, and this particular line of revolvers is "special". "Don't ask for a new part without sending in the old part" thanks to many, many changes.

Seriously, let me know when I get the pictures. Any tips on this would be helpful. I select 'em, I "upload" them, nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts