Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Armslist this morning and low and behold a 5 screw pre model marked 8 3/8" .357 Magnum appears about 4 miles from my house. Coincidentally my C&R license came in the mail a couple weeks ago. Also the local ATM machine found it in it's cold printed circuit heart to spit out 6 crisp 100 dollar bills for me. Well when the stars align like that a guy would be a fool to ignore it so this came home with me. Also included was a nice Heiser holster and an Old West shoulder rig. Now before you think things are all peachy in my world it was wearing a set of Pachmayr grips that I removed in my car and installed these earlier non relieved targets before anyone saw it. Anyway serial number S167863 puts it in 1957 I believe. The action is exactly what you would expect from one of these jewels from the past. Looking forward to a range trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
Wow! Great score and nice it was close buy. Congrats and enjoy.:cool:

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
sweet mate shoot it in good health..

thewelshm

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought the stocks last week on ebay and had second thoughts but now I'm happy I ponied up. From what I understand the non relieved targets were only available for a short time around 1953. I do have a pair that are numbered in the 130K range so 167K would be way late for a pair of these.

·
Premium Member
10,774 Posts
From 1957.,.. be that a model 19 or pre 19?

It's a beauty... congratulations.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Mark,

Wow!

He shoots! He Scores!

One Registered? Magnum......in the HOUSE!!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Ooooooo! WIN!

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody interested in my 5-screw 3.5" serial number 101025? I have both size (wide & thin) wood grips. All five items are in excellent condition. Bought and adjusted/smoothed action in Phoenix by Nelson in 1982. Not fired since then. It has pacmeyer grips to keep it sealed. Action is smooth and crisp. Very clean.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
AZAL- there is a “For sale” section on this forum. If you post it there, with pictures, I’m sure it will attract much interest. 3.5” pre-27’s would be nice to have! Hank

1 - 18 of 18 Posts