Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
Good on ya, Jim!!

I can remember, it's been about 51 years now, very first day of "official activities at U of Texas. THe whole week before registration was advance-placement tests for the freshmen. So you know if you don't have to retake stuff you already know. It was first thing Monday morning, Biology. We both finished early - but for opposite reasons. We were waiting for our respective roommates, who of course took the full time allotted. I think they both graduated with 4.0 averages. MsDis and I, not so much. Still, placed out of my Freshman year (thanks to 4 years of an English education!)....

Struck up a conversation...in 6 months we were engaged, and just before I left to go to the Navy, we got married. Just passed our 48th anniversary.

Now got 2 daughters, 3 grandsons, and a whole mess of shootin' irons.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was Jim Fredericks, a DJ at a contemporary Christian radio station. The station sponsored a Michael Card concert at UNI and I went. After the concert I was talking to a lady in the foyer and she came bouncin' up behind me. She was a listener and heard I was there and wanted to meet me. Right off I noticed three things about her: She was a looker. Had a really fun sense of humor. And she had on the UGLIEST shoes I had ever seen.:eek: Well as Jim Steinmann, who wrote all of Meatloaf's songs would opine "Two out of three ain't bad.:cool:
Also found out it was the day before her 27th birthday. That was a big plus as I was 22 and had always been attracted to Older Women.:cool:
We hit it off right away. A few weeks later I saw her again and got her number (Which I still remember) and asked her out.
The rest is history.;)
Jim

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I remember...31 years ago I was sitting at the Harley store parts counter eating pizza with my buddy Blade. This Smokin HOT Blond floated thru the front door and said "Hi! my names Angie. I work next door and I came over to get some Cokes from the machine. One look and I was DONE! 5 kids , 15 grandkids...Time flies when yer havin fun. She's still that Smokin Hot Blond...only with a bit of gray mixed in.

·
Registered
19,614 Posts
Met my Ex in college. After meeting her family I should have noticed the warning signs.:D Ahhh....memories.;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Met mine 41 years ago on an oil rig in the middle of the North Sea. She was a reservoir engineer for a major oil company based in London, one of the first female petroleum engineers, and had come out to the rig to test a well that we had just completed. It's a long story but we are still together, just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary, and she's still my best friend. Lord, I love that woman.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I remember when, the friends house we met @, where she was sitting & even the time of day (10:15am). The day the confirmed loner altered his course in life. She was the ripe old age of 21, I was only 26. We were engaged in 2 weeks, married in 2 months (I wasted 2 months). Her hair is still the same blonde, red mix it's always been, what I have left went from black to gray... It's been wonderful!

·
Registered
19,448 Posts
We just celebrated 40 years,since we married on Oct. 13, 1979......it was a Friday too!!!! I met her at a bar, Christmas Party , the year before. I asked her to come over to my place.....and she said "Sure". She's been 'The one for me' since then. We're kinda were meant for each other!!!! :D I was sort of a loner type, for all my life....until then. Bob

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
Mine walked by my jobsite, I told my dad, "I'm going to marry her" and I did 32 years ago..

thewelshm

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Went to a dance joint in March of 72 for underage kids that a friend had to drag me to cause I was still moping over being dumped on Christmas Eve. As soon as we walked in I knew within minutes why I was there. Told my friend the tall skinny one on the other side of the room was going to be mine. She was 17 and I just turned 19. 2 years latter we got married and I am so thankful to God for my mate.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was 32 and steer roping at the Prarie Circuit Finals, she was 20 and had tagged along with some friends of mine. She came up and wanted to talk to me and I ignored her cause I was sitting 3rd in the average with 1 more steer to tie down. Missed my last steer and was unsaddling my horse when she said she was sorry for pestering me and that I missed that steer. I said thanks, no problem. She then told her brother she was gonna marry me some day. Six months later she was right. Been 18 years and she is still pestering me and I love every bit of it.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts