Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang new to the group. I just inherited a .32 CTG revolver. Can someone help me out with the age? There is a story behind the gun but if the age does not match it is probably just a story. The serial is 6 19 94 on t he bottom of the handle. That is the only place I see a serial number. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Can you post pictures? Please post the whole gun- left side, right side.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Grips are later replacements. .32 Hand Ejector, 2nd change 1906- 1909
Someone with a set of S/N's should be able to narrow it down for you.

You can get a replacement sideplate screw from Jack First

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grips are later replacements. .32 Hand Ejector, 2nd change 1906- 1909
Someone with a set of S/N's should be able to narrow it down for you.

You can get a replacement sideplate screw from Jack First
Great thanks for the info! Supposedly Al Capone gave this to my great grandmother to protect herself. She didn't like the guy so she threw it in a drawer and never touched it.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Correct, it's an I frame.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Registered
26,235 Posts
According to my book, it is a .32 Hand Ejector Model of `1903, second change, with the serial number putting it between 1906-1909; serial numbers then ran 51127-95500.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Extrapolating from some known ship dates, the gun almost certainly was made in 1907.

As the guys have said, the grips are later; the gun would have shipped with black hard rubber grips as standard. But the checkered diamond walnut medallion stocks you have on it right now, while not original to this gun’s period, are actual quite valuable by themselves, and you should be able to trade them for the correct style at a profit.

PS: What I said about the value of the stocks only holds if they’re original. The left medallion is clearly S&W, but the photo of the right medallion is too blurry to identify anything; it appears a bit odd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts