Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Hey Bay,

Great looking flat latch, there!

Local LGS had some estate sale .32's (folk from the Depression Era are all a dyin' off) .....one or two had "recipe cards" (along with Lyman "tong tools")... ".........a pinch of BullsEye..." Even had a couple 8oz tin cans of Bullseye (empty, of course)....

Even in WWII, the "Wimmen Folk" at home, would carry the 32 in their apron pocket...take them pesky rabbit out of the "Victory Garden"....put some meat on the table....

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Had I not inherited a .32-20 I would have never given them consideration. Oddly now, I'm hooked on them.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
29,964 Posts
I'm sure there are many fans here of the .32 S&W Long cartridge. Here's one of my favorite shooters, my Model 31-1. It resides somewhere between a .22 and a .38 with a nice little pop, but very little recoil. It's just a lot of fun.

View attachment 499436

View attachment 499437

View attachment 499438
Very nice!!!
A beautiful example of S&W craftsmanship. Glad that you take it out to the range for exercise...after all, they are made to be shot. Thanks for sharing the pics

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
A couple of Regulation Police targets for 1917 and 1919 that get significant range time. I probably shoot more 32 longs than any other cartridge. Good thread idea! :) (y)

My rather long in the tooth 1st model

a shiny liitle guy form the late ot's

I only have one 32-20. If I knew they'd be so fun to shoot I would have started getting them sooner :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You're killing me. All of you.

I've been wanting a 30 or 31 for a little bit, using the excuse it would be good for the 4-H kids. A step between .22 and .38.

Off to Gunbroker again.
I just lost a 4" Model 31-1 over on the other S&W forum. :( Seller wouldn't send me the 'additional photos' he offered and I requested. He ended up lowering the price a couple more times and someone else grabbed it. :( Weird. Guess he didn't like the color of my money. :unsure: Why do sellers offer "additional photos" if they have no intent to actually send them? :rolleyes:

The 4" 31-1 is one of the very last vintage S&W revolvers on my bucket list. I've got a 3" round butt 30-1, but it's almost too pristine pretty to shoot. :giggle: For my purposes, the 4" square butt 31-1 would be better. (y)

I, too, have used the excuse that it's for the good wife or for teaching the grand kids. The truth is that it would be for me, me, me! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts