Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Wow...what a great gift to receive. Something to cherish and enjoy.:cool: Merry Christmas!

Reactions: msharley

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
I believe it's a 32 safety hammerhead 3rd model, due to forged front sight. They were made between 1909 and 1937 serial # 170000 to 242981
Of course that's the correct factory nomenclature for this model, but I've always preferred the name "New Departure" used in some S&W advertising.

Have you had the grips off to check for a matching serial no.? Original mother-of-pearl grips should add considerably to its value.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey 16,

Welcome to :bluelogo:

Way to go! Pic of yesteryear on your first post!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
Welcome and VERY nice gift!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
...Have you had the grips off to check for a matching serial no.? Original mother-of-pearl grips should add considerably to its value...
Did they number the MOP and ivory stocks? Eventually they added the medallions to MOP to distinguish them from the inferior aftermarket stocks but I was not aware of numbering.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
18,605 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! The MOP grips are not factory...too many imperfections in the pearl for that. Also, it has been refinished in nickel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts