Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to one of the LGS's here Monday and they had a few new guns on consignment. One of them is what I think is a .32 Regulation Police (prewar). Please inform me if I am wrong, but it seems to fit the description in the book; serial #5264XX is at the end of right range and it has the notched round grip frame with the square butt grips. It also has "June 5, 1917" on the butt of the grip. It has the 4-1/4" barrel stamped ".32 Long Ctg." and barrel head extractor knob and is in really nice shape. The price was great also. Next I will attempt to load some pictures. Wish me luck.

OldFarmBoy

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Hey Farm,

Wow! That sure is a swell looking .32!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Sweet! I couldn't have walked away from that one either.
Hey Mark,

Bet you could knock a tenth (of a second) off your time on the Texas Star with one of those....

Later, Mark

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Nice! Based on the grips and ejector rod knob, I'd put it somewhere in the 1930's
That's a pretty one- they're good shooters too! Mine seem to like LRN's over wadcutters.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Mine is nowhere as nice; I'd grab that up in a minute! Right now, finding .32 lead bullets has been an issue as the bullet makers are focused on 38/9/45 bullets

Reactions: OldFarmBoy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts